First up – Guacamole
- 4-5 ripe avocados cut in half, seed removed and scooped out
- 2 Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1.5 teaspoons of fresh garlic
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and diced
- 1/3 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
Put the first seven ingredients in a mixing bowl. I use an all purpose meat crusher to blend everything together. I love this tool because it leaves chunks of the guacamole. Then I add the cilantro and stir everything together and it’s ready to serve, enjoy!
Next – Cheesy Potato Casserole
- • 1 (oz) package shredded hash browns
- • 1 single can cream of chicken soup
- • 6 oz sour cream
- • 1/2 cup milk
- • 1/4-1/2 cups chopped onion
- • 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- • 1 cup crushed corn flakes
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients, except corn flakes. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan, then sprinkle with corn flakes. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
Cannot forget about – Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- • 1/2 lb dry shell pasta about 3 cups
- • 3/4 cup sliced pickles
- • 2/3 cup cheddar cheese diced
- • 3 tablespoons finely diced white onion
- • 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- • 1/2 cup pickle juice
- • 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- • 1/3 cup sour cream
- • 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- • 4 tablespoons pickle juice
- • salt & pepper to taste
1. Boil pasta al dente according to package directions. Run under cold water to stop cooking.
2. Toss cold pasta with about 1/2 cup of pickle juice and set aside for about 5 minutes. Drain & discard pickle juice.
3. Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
4. Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
And finally – Cowboy Caviar
- 1 lb Roma Tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1 (15 oz) can Black-Eyed Peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 oz) can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (11 oz) can Shoepeg Corn (drained)
- 1 (I used 1/2 a big one) Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Lime Juice (fresh preferably)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
Combine veggies in large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing. Pour dressing over veggies and stir/toss. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to overnight. Serve with Tortilla Chips.